Financing the SDGs
Move Humanity Conference Financing the SDGs: Wealth Taxes, Development Aid, Ending Tax Havens
The Copenhagen-based Human Act Foundation and the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), in association with ActionAid Denmark, invite you to save the date for the inaugural Move Humanity conference, to be hosted at the Danish Parliament in Copenhagen.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) require major societal transformations that depend on a large-scale mobilization of both public and private resources before 2030.
This conference, Closing the SDG Financing Gap, will aim to set a path for mobilizing these resources, especially for the world’s poorest nations. The event will feature world leaders from key sectors and address the full spectrum of financing tools relevant for achieving the SDGs. The Move Humanity Conference will feature global leaders from key sectors and address the following priority topics:
- Assessing the financing needs of the SDGs
- Closing the gap in Official Development Assistance (ODA)
- Levying resources at a global level with a new Billionaire Wealth Tax and a tax on the 1% richest to support the SDGs
- Levying resources from wealth and other taxes at the national level to finance the SDGs and reduce inequality
- Catalysing large-scale private philanthropy for development in line with national plans and priorities
- Closing tax loopholes for increased Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM)
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Mogens Lykketoft, Member of the Danish Parliament, Social Democracy, Former Chair of the United Nations General Assembly, and former Minister of Finance and Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Professor Jeffrey Sachs, Director, SDSN and Director of the Center for Sustainable Development, Columbia University, NYC
- Lucas Chancel, Co-Director, World Inequality Lab & WID.world, Paris School of Economics
- Peter Hummelgaard Thomsen, Member of the Danish Parliament, Social Democracy
- Djaffar Shalchi, Human Act Foundation / Move Humanity
- Adriano Campolina, Secretary General, ActionAid International
- Max Lawson, Head of Inequality Policy, Oxfam International
- Sarah Perret, Economist, OECD
Invited conference participants include parliamentarians, ministers, researchers, thought-leaders and civil society organisation representatives.
To RSVP please fill in this form
If you have further questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The official programme will be shared two weeks prior to the conference.